• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1st Jet boat 2017 Scarab 215ID with 200’s

Trousertrout

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Hello everyone glad I found this forum, it has already been very helpful! What I found out is that the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri on Memorial Day weekend is not a good place for jet boats. They raise the water to the proper level about a week before the holiday, this stirs up lots of loose sticks, moss, trash, you name it into the lake. On 3 separate occasions I had a stick get sucked up into one of the pumps and cause it to slip. I’m so glad I got the 215 because I was able to shut both engines off and figure out which one had the debris in it and keep it off just running the other engine at half speed to make it back to the dock. We have a lift so I was able to get it out of the water and get under it and see the stick. I made a tool out of a piece of rebar with a 90 degree bend on the end and was able to hook the stick each time and get it out. Other than that the boat ran awesome, it has the wake3 setup and I can’t wait to surf behind this thing! Hopefully next weekend the debris has made it’s way to the dam.

Glad you found it as well! This community of jetboaters really increases the pride in ownership. Everyone's very nice and helpful! How long have you owed

What's included in the wake3 package? Ballast, speed control, surf stream. We gave a good number of Yamaha surfers here we definitely need to see more representation from from the Scarab owners. Be sure to share pic and videos.

Ley me know if you're ever looking for some equipment. I'm happy to offer suggestions and discounts. Message me anytime!

E46D5A65-5DFE-4094-A10E-8AE8545A57A2.jpeg8594EC7A-60E7-4DCE-8FBC-C501FAC9A1BD.jpeg
Glad you found it as well! This community of jetboaters really increases the pride in ownership. Everyone's very nice and helpful! How long have you owed

What's included in the wake3 package? Ballast, speed control, surf stream. We gave a good number of Yamaha surfers here we definitely need to see more representation from from the Scarab owners. Be sure to share pic and videos.

Ley me know if you're ever looking for some equipment. I'm happy to offer suggestions and discounts. Message me anytime!
Thanks! I purchased the boat last October. So I had to sit on it for the winter in storage. The boat has all the options for water sports, speed control, ballasts, surf stream tabs. The boat is pretty much fully loaded with all options except the digital touch screen. I look forward to posting more pics and videos!

Welcome fellow Scarab owner!

CONGRATULATIONS! Welcome Aboard.

We just bought a lake house at LOTO and took our 2019 Chaparral jetboat out there and not once but twice sucked up small sticks in the intake valve aka jet pump and we had to put on a lift to remove it. It only happened when we drove slow. Debris was awful from the storm that came through. I'm so grateful I found this site. Wish we had thought to look for this forum this past weekend. Growing up on the lake we've only had propeller boats so this was new to me. Live and learn is all we can do! Boat 1.JPGBoat 2.JPG

We just bought a lake house at LOTO and took our 2019 Chaparral jetboat out there and not once but twice sucked up small sticks in the intake valve aka jet pump and we had to put on a lift to remove it. It only happened when we drove slow. Debris was awful from the storm that came through. I'm so grateful I found this site. Wish we had thought to look for this forum this past weekend. Growing up on the lake we've only had propeller boats so this was new to me. Live and learn is all we can do! View attachment 125497View attachment 125498
Beautiful Chap! I love the color.

Yes, the 2" stick is the jet boats nemesis. We have our 2014 Scarab 215HO in a "lake" - which is a river with two hydro electric dams. After a heavy storm, the power company that controls the dams will open up the upstream dam and flow all the debris into our lake - which them will flow into the next "lake" through the downstream dam in a few hours. We call it the flush, and we can see the stuff coming down with the current when they do that. The 215HO can make short work of weeds, though we try our best to avoid them, but that 2" stick has nailed us a few times.
Makes me wonder if there is another inlet grate somewhere on the market that will still allow the needed flow, yet, block things like those pesky 2" sticks.

Also, Does anyone know if there is an alternate steering/jet nozzle available? I'd like to direct the jet stream another couple degrees downward. Not sure if that's possible.

61573492759__A84A830C-DE7E-4B3E-8543-C0BCF8AB0C11.JPGIMG_0213(Edited).jpg

Back