• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1st oil change on my new 212S

WaltC

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have learned so much from my membership on this site. Thanks to All!!!!

I am coming up on 10 hours on my new 212s. Love this boat by the way. I have read many of the posts regarding oil changes and I think I have the process down. My question is do I have to confirm that I actually changed the oil to maintain the warranty since I am doing it myself. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have learned so much from my membership on this site. Thanks to All!!!!

I am coming up on 10 hours on my new 212s. Love this boat by the way. I have read many of the posts regarding oil changes and I think I have the process down. My question is do I have to confirm that I actually changed the oil to maintain the warranty since I am doing it myself. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Yes I would document the maintenance and keep the receipts for your oil/filter/plugs/lube, etc

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thats what I do, I made a copy of the service check list in the manual. Checked everything off that needed to be done per the list and wrote down hrs and data. And keep the receipts.

WaltC

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks so much for the replies. I will make sure to do all you suggest.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Just did my 1st oil change today at 11 hours. Pumped out just over 3.5 quarts. Will check level on the water tomorrow. Did the same, printed out maintenance schedule, to check off as completed. Don't have the link handy (link is on the forum somewhere., but Yamaha has a site where you can log your oil changes with Yamalube. You still need to keep your receipts.