• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2 issues on our first day out

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1. Dead battery. This is the start of our third season with our 2013 AR192 and I always have the battery on a trickle charge. Bumped the engine in the driveway, all good. Got to the water and nothing. Volt meter in the speedo said 8v. Soooo, went and bought a Walmart battery to get out on water quickly and its all working fine now. My question is, does the YES warranty cover the battery? I'm gonna call the dealer and see what they will do for me. Just curious if anyone knows.

2. The valve that you connect the hose to inside the boat to run the engine is leaking. Like when I am at 6-7k rpms water will run out of that connector and down the wall. It's a pretty steady stream too. Not like a flood or anything but it shouldn't be doing it. Anyone had any issues with that valve going bad or anything?

The boat has 78 hours now and I guess I have exceeding some computer limited breakin period cause the motor will run up to 7,800 rpm's now. Before 7,200 was the max. That was a surprise for me today when we were screaming across the lake! She's running awesome and, after the battery situation, everything was perfect all day.

No, the YES warranty doesn't cover your battery, the battery manufacturer warranty would be used if it were within one year of purchase.

Tim I am not sure how the flush hose ( I am assuming that is what you're talking about?) works. Maybe the valve has some debris in it where you push the connector in and it's limiting it closing? I will take a closer look at mine tomorrow. It would have to be a one way check valve that doesn't let water escape unless the nipple is in the connector. Maybe someone else will chime in with an answer before I take a look at mine.

2. The valve that you connect the hose to inside the boat to run the engine is leaking. Like when I am at 6-7k rpms water will run out of that connector and down the wall. It's a pretty steady stream too. Not like a flood or anything but it shouldn't be doing it. Anyone had any issues with that valve going bad or anything?
The flush valves are notorious leakers. Sometimes you get it to stop leaking by putting in and out the flush adapter, but typically over time they just continuously leak. If the cap doesn't have a gasket in it, putting a garden hose washer in the cap that will help it seal to prevent the leak from getting in the boat. If the leak won't stop you can replace (or have dealer do it under warranty) the flush value, put a check valve in the hose between the wye fitting and the flush valve, or replace with the factory flush valve with an aftermarket valve such as the ones from Island Racing, http://www.islandracing.com/240242.html . I put in the aftermarket kit about 4 years ago and no leaks.

Island Racing aftermarket valve kit for dual engine boat
600_IR-QCFK-DE-B.jpg

Battery should be pro-rated, but don't expect much after three years.
Leaking hoses can be fixed. The Island Racing product is a nice upgrade.

Sounds like typical little stuff that can happen, and it sounds like it isn't stopping you from having a blast....carry on.:cool:

You probably left a light on or something to drain. Once a older battery is drained that low it may not charge. I've learned to turn master switch off and keep on charger all the time.

The engine revving more I'd say it's just loosened up a little, I doubt there's any in built in software to limit revs for a predetermined time.

I agree but the master was off for sure. Looks like some of the cells in the battery were low. One was almost empty. Filled them and trying to get it to hold a charge now.

I didn't know checking the battery levels should be part of my normal maintenance. I also didn't realize it wasn't sealed but I can see where it has leaked/splashed out of the top. The acid actually ate through the plastic clip on the strap, so it has to be replaced too. And the battery tray had some kind of fluid in it that needed to be cleaned out. I'll be paying more attention to that in the future.

Back