• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2003 lx210 port engine cranks but will not start.

Cb291918

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Port engine ran for a minute no it just cranks and won't start any ideas. Also where is fuse box located

Like all engines spark, fuel, and compression is required for it to run. Find out what you lost and troubleshoot it from there. Check for spark with a spark tester and pull the plugs see what they look like. Try dribbling a little fuel in the carburetors see if it will start and run for a few seconds. And checking compression is always a good idea.

I used to start my LS, every time, with dumping a few drops of gas straight into the carbs. I guess it was dangerous, but it worked. These two strkes require alot of tweaking to run. Fired right up. When it died - every single time - it was the fuel filter. I actually carried a handful of them on the boat. An easy on the water fix. Just take the clamps off, and switch them out. And no need to buy expensive ones. I'd get mine in the boat section of Walmart. Literally had to change them out twice a summer. But check this, if it won't run after starting up. Keep us posted.

Plugs seam soaked in gas seams like I'm not getting good spark. Is it possible coils. Or cdi box. Just boat bought and thought it was good but now I thinking I got a lemon

Has any one had to replace cdi box. Also how do I remove coils. Open box on fire wall just lots of wires. Do they all all share the same ground wire?

Like all engines spark, fuel, and compression is required for it to run. Find out what you lost and troubleshoot it from there. Check for spark with a spark tester and pull the plugs see what they look like. Try dribbling a little fuel in the carburetors see if it will start and run for a few seconds. And checking compression is always a good idea.
Should I remove cover above carburetors and spay some starting fluid in them

Slow your horses buddy, and follow the advice above.

Spark plugs were wet- But did you check them with a spark tester? Quick tool to pickup at an autoparts store or amazon.
Did you check compression? To be honest you shouldnt have bought a 22year old boat without doing that?
Fuel - Let me ask you a few questions - When was the last time the engine ran? Did you see it run well at a seatrial or just heard it fire up? How old is the Gas? Was it stabilized?
Choke - How much are you using? When the engine dries out can you try a different strategy?

As far as starting fluid, sure you can try, but again slow your roll, dont get crazy with that.

These engines are 2 stroke carbureted, it takes a new owner a while to learn that dance that will start their boat. Be patient,

Slow your horses buddy, and follow the advice above.

Spark plugs were wet- But did you check them with a spark tester? Quick tool to pickup at an autoparts store or amazon.
Did you check compression? To be honest you shouldnt have bought a 22year old boat without doing that?
Fuel - Let me ask you a few questions - When was the last time the engine ran? Did you see it run well at a seatrial or just heard it fire up? How old is the Gas? Was it stabilized?
Choke - How much are you using? When the engine dries out can you try a different strategy?

As far as starting fluid, sure you can try, but again slow your roll, dont get crazy with that.

These engines are 2 stroke carbureted, it takes a new owner a while to learn that dance that will start their boat. Be patient,
One motor starts right up other motor just cranks over. Did check spark with tester seam weak. Also pulled plugs and they do smell like fuel. I did get it to start once. I only heard them run for a minute when I bought it. I should of ask to sea it in water but my fault never had a bought before. I will check compression maybe tonight if I have time. Swapped plugs from on motor to the other. Still won't start. Fuel is from Las year. Not sure it would be fuel because one motor runs fine.

So I came home tonight and motor started up. Ran for 30 seconds turned on water to both motors and same motor stalled and would not start just cranks. Like wtf... I know cars but not 2 stoke motors. Possible a water separator or fuel filter clogged. And wheres the water filter location

Did you find out that these boats have chokes yet? I don't know how else to tell you bud, but this sounds like serious user error. I know you were hoping it'd be turn key, like a car, but this is a 23 year old carbureted boat. You may have to spend some time seriously learning about these engines/carbs/fuel/oil systems.

Likewise it might be that the carbs need a tuneup, or a myriad of other reasons, but

To fine the fuel filter. First find the fuel line at the carbs, and then trace it back, you should find the fuel filter easily. They look like little tin cans if they are OEM.

again - switch out the fuel filters. First step. If that doesn't work move on to something else. Go easy first. If it started and ran? Might be a filter clog. Curious what you paid for this? I'm guessing around 1500?

Did you find out that these boats have chokes yet? I don't know how else to tell you bud, but this sounds like serious user error. I know you were hoping it'd be turn key, like a car, but this is a 23 year old carbureted boat. You may have to spend some time seriously learning about these engines/carbs/fuel/oil systems.

Likewise it might be that the carbs need a tuneup, or a myriad of other reasons, but

To fine the fuel filter. First find the fuel line at the carbs, and then trace it back, you should find the fuel filter easily. They look like little tin cans if they are OEM.
I know how motors work. And thanks again everyone. My port cleaned out tubes safety switches were crossed. Port side safety switch was on the starboard side. Connectors are the same. Switch was bad so inside engine bay I followed wires and cut the 2 brown ones and bypass the switch. ALso did that to the port wires. Tuned carbs and boat does about 62 mph at 5000 rpms.

Good to hear you got it running there there is always problems to chase with boats. It sounds like your gauges are off by quite a bit these boats will only go about 50mph at 7000rpm

Yea mine was a rocket but top speed I ever hit when relatively new was 51 on a GPS on glass water, half tank, and no passengers. No way this boat does 62 but the speedos are always way off on these rockets

Thanks everyone. Clean out safety switches were crossed at the connector. I was getting spark so I look up wiring diagram and found the clean out switches were crossed. Anyway I just cut the two wires and motor runs great. And omg fucking fast boat

Back