• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Boat 2005 SX230 HO in GA Project $10,000

vnalin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Motor 1 Yamaha no issues 270 hours. The below motor is SBT with less than 10 hours that is no longer in warranty. Boat has new vinyl on all seats; new Seadek; New ECM and was new SBT Motor.

Boat was in the process of being sold and was on a test drive. Potential owner was driving and crossed over some floating debris and stick and pinecones oh my got sucked in. Few seconds later, engine temp sensor lit up as did oil and I shut it down; clamped hose and came ashore with one engine.

Removed sticks and debris; engine fired right up; no jetpump and was able to spin the shaft.

Removed jetpump thinking the shaft teeth may have been whittled away; shaft good...pulled oil pump and oil tank and gear pump cover to find the 1680040823012.png

The piece attached to the timing chain is still attached as is the timing chain. And the motor started just fine and ran at 2k rpm, before taking it apart.

IMG_6232.JPG

BoatLeft.jpgBoatright.jpgbow.jpgengines.jpgfromback.jpgIMG_6231.JPGinterior.jpgsimrad.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You may be able to sell it faster if you source the replacement parts and post what you find (e.g. price(s), lead time(s), etc.). GLWTS.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is that the end of the crankshaft or part of the gear reduction system. Looking at pictures of crankshafts I don’t see any that look like that piece. Sounds like can do the work yourself, if so I would get another engine and replace it, boats like yours are going for 20k + here in Florida anyway.

wajetter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am a little confused about this thread, OP. What exactly is wrong with the engine, gears or pump?

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am a little confused about this thread, OP. What exactly is wrong with the engine, gears or pump?
The end of the crankshaft snapped off.

vnalin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
correct about the crankshaft. I have sold the boat however and will take it down.