• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Boat 2005 SX230 in NC - Extra engine and trailer 16K

19samson77

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boat isn't perfect but great potential. ( a few rips in the cushions, small chips and minor mechanicals) Firm on $16,000 as that is what I have in it. Moved to coastal North Carolina and this isn't the boat for salt/big water. Was great on the finger lakes in New York and trailer was great on the 600 mile drive down here. (moved last month) The extra engine needs to be put back together but it is the entire pack minus the jet not just the block. Both engines in it start right up but one needs a new exhaust seal which I have along with a bunch of other parts and gasket sets. Please refrain from asking me to sell the extra MR1 engine unless the buyer of the boat does not want it or you are going to give me fantastic offer.

email me at e.a.lynch1977@gmail.com with questions and if you are serious we can face time if you are iPhone or another option if you are not. I can give you a walk over and you can see it run then and I can focus on stuff you want to see. I am selling this as is but I am honest, believe in the golden rule and have been screwed over before. I will tell you everything I know good or bad. You can make up for mind from there.

There are a ton of FX140 skis out there in need of an engine. I was going to get the boat near perfect and drop the spare in a ski but priorities change. Wife says I have to sell this before I get a center console that is right for down here so sort of motivated. That is why I am selling with the price where it is and willing to meet for the deal a few hours from here if needed to reduce pickup miles. I would do the minor repairs myself but working on something you are no longer going to use is drudgery and I am still unpacking. If you are a mechanically inclined person this is for you. Ohh yeah is is blue on white and I love the look of this hull.

19samson77

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I should mention that titles for boat and trailer are clear and in hand. I will post some pictures soon.

19samson77

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I reread my posting and I am making this sound like a piece of junk. It is a solid boat and still looks good. A solid cleaning and some light work would get you a great boat far below what they are going for. I picked up the extra engine because the boating season is so short in NY I wanted one ready to drop in if there was an issue. The ski idea was sort of an after though when my son said he wanted one and I saw you can grab them for dirt in need of an engine.

Attachments