• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2005 Yamaha SX 230

Newbie21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looking at a 2005 Yamaha SX 230 with aftermarket wake tower similar to AR230 with tandem trailer for $19k. Is this a good price? Is this a reliable boat at 16 years old? Any comments would be much appreciated.

thefortunes

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We sold ours 2 years ago (for $20k) with the lake house.

It was bulletproof. Only issue we had was the depth finder - since we boated 99% of the time on our lake we never had it fixed.

How many hours on the one you are considering?
Service receipts/records?
Any hull damage?
Check the oil levels and the air filters (they can get saturated if the oil was overfilled).
Should hit about 50mph on glass/slight chop - if not, check the rpms (should be 10.5k) and the impellers/wear rings for damage.
If you really want to, the 3rd plug has a tendency to seize and should be checked. I never had that problem, but others have.
Make sure the trailer is still in good shape - brakes, springs, tires (these should have been replaced).

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And the only thing to add is make sure you can get the clean out plugs out and back in easy!

UnorthodoxCreations

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Assuming it's in good condition I'd say that is a great price in this market.

Newbie21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I ask about hours and the response was no meter? Does this make sense?

thefortunes

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I ask about hours and the response was no meter? Does this make sense?
Yep, no meter, but a dealer can read the hours. Some on here also have the software and dongle.