• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2006 AR210

AndersBk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking for advice--we're purchasing a 2007 AR210 this Friday. Very excited as we've been looking for a long time. The boat looks to be well cared for (typical condition issues for a boat of its age) has just under 300 hours, a custom cover and a nice trailer with new tires. Took it out on the lake and it ran well.

We're in California and have agreed to pay $20,500--too high? NADA pricing is confusing: 30K list price, low retail 14K and average retail at 16K. These boats are hard to find, so curious what you all think.

Also, how to you check for liens when purchasing used boats? I keep hitting dead ends.

Last, I offered to write up the bill of sale, anything I should add, beyond the usual stuff?

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn’t even begin to offer you advice on pricing with everything going on this year. I am in awe though if my boat would bring that kind of money. Any pics of the boat? Is it a salt water or fresh boat? Anyway, good luck with your purchase. Hope it works out well for you.

AndersBk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Freshwater only. Pretty sure we’re overpaying, just hoping we’re not being crazy stupid. Inventory in our area is scarce.

Photos attached.

Attachments

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boat looks very clean. You are paying $2K-$3K Covid premium I think. If that is worth it to you, what's money for, but to buy toys. Assuming things normalized, you might be able to sell for 15-16K in 4-5 years If you keep up with the boat as well as the prior owner.

*Numbers made up from reading ads and guesstimating the market. YMMV, Side effects vary, etc etc.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I put quite a bit of weight on NADA, as it reflects actual sales, not estimates. In fact, that's the boat I helped my buddy buy last year. And at that time NADA value for the 2007 model was $2K less than what you are seeing. So it has gone up. But I feel it is very accurate. Asking prices are still quite high. But as reality is hitting folks that "need" to sell before finding expensive storage, sale prices are dropping.

You are paying a premium, but if it's clean, you won't lose your butt too bad. Those pics show off a clean boat if they are from it's current condition.

Good luck!

Last edited:

AndersBk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boat looks very clean. You are paying $2K-$3K Covid premium I think. If that is worth it to you, what's money for, but to buy toys. Assuming things normalized, you might be able to sell for 15-16K in 4-5 years If you keep up with the boat as well as the prior owner.

*Numbers made up from reading ads and guesstimating the market. YMMV, Side effects vary, etc etc.
Thank you for your response!

AndersBk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put quite a bit of weight on NADA, as it reflects actual sales, not estimates. In fact, that's the boat I helped my buddy buy last year. And at that time NADA value for the 2007 model was $2K less than what you are seeing. So it has gone up. But I feel it is very accurate. Asking prices are still quite high. But as reality is hitting folks that "need" to sell before finding expensive storage, sale prices are dropping.

You are paying a premium, but if it's clean, you won't lose your butt too bad. Those pics show off a clean boat if they are from it's current condition.

Good luck!
Thanks--this is the current condition. Hoping we love the boat as much as we think we will.