• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2006 Speedster 200 fuel gauge wire

jvbrown7

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
I have a 2006 Speedster 200 that I've owned for a while. The gas gauge hasn't worked since I bought it. While having it serviced at a dealer I asked to repair it and was told it is missing the wire from the gauge to the tank and they couldn't order it. Come to find out it is missing the wire to the all-around white light as well. Does anyone have any ideas where I might find these or get one made?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very strange to just be missing a wire, no less 2. Also strange that a dealer would not just make a wire. Only special thing would be the connector possibly (and that you can solder or snip both connectors out and use butts). But if that is all of what is wrong, then replacing the wire should be simply a matter of buying a roll of 12 or 14 ga wire and running it... then connecting both ends to where it goes.

jvbrown7

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Thanks! I can't figure the reason for removing the wires. I take it to CH-Marine in Livingston. They have always serviced it and done any repairs with a quick turnaround. I live in Beaumont.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very strange, as I said. Do update your profile and put Beaumont in there. Maybe we have another member in the area who can recommend another shop for a second opinion. I know Texas Marine is out there, but have mixed reviews on the one in Conroe...