• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2006 SX 230 Seat Cushion

mcpheet2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yamaha no longer has seat cushions for my 2006 SX230 and course mine flew out of the boat. Does anyone know a place that might have some and/or have an extra they are open to selling?

I am including a circled diagram of the cushion I am looking for.

thanks!

6276714A-64BA-4ABF-ADB5-985113BFECFE.jpeg

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A few things to consider: you're going to need a lot of luck to find one that already matches your existing vinyl. That has happened to a lot of people, it seems. Why Yamaha designed it that way I don't know.... I actually removed both the seat and the flip down seat back. I like the easy access to the rear swim platform, and rarely do I have so many people in the boat that I wish I had that seat. I am keeping them in case I ever want to go back to that, but haven't missed them yet. The only downside is that you will have two holes where the hinged seat back bolted up. You can fill them in, or just put the stainless steel bolts back in the holes, and they're covered without it looking too ugly. I'd also recommend doing something to keep your side cushions in place. A couple times, I found one of them laying on the floor. I went ahead and made nylon straps with button snaps to keep them in place while towing. I'd haaaaaate to lose one of them... Lastly, it's nothing but a simple cushion. A marine reupholstering place should be able to duplicate the whole cushion, and get fairly close on matching the vinyl also. Good luck with your decision/search!