• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2006 Yamaha vx not starting

Zach19

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
I have a 2006 Yamaha vx that ran perfectly last summer and now will not start this spring. Have a brand new battery and have even tried other batteries from other skies. The engine does not turn over and seems like it is in lock mode. I have checked the solenoid and numerous connections. The ski seems as if it is in lock mode. The green security light does not light up and will not unlock with the key either. I replaced the battery key and still nothing happens. I even took the key receiver module from another vx and the remote will not work. I have a key programming tool and it does not pair the key to the jet ski. Programmed a key to my 2010 earlier today and it worked perfectly. I have no idea why the ski won’t start. Checked fuses multiple times and are all good. Any suggestions?

Back