• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2007 ar230 fuel leak

Jbuck9233

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys! I have a 2007 Ar 230. I keep it stored outside and covered . Yesterday mid day I climb under the cover to grab something out of the boat and I smelt an overwhelming smell of gas . I was in a hurry so I didn’t investigate too much and sort of hoped since it was roughly 98 degrees and I had filled the boat completely up with fuel after last trip that maybe the plastic tank expanded some and the smell was coming from vent or overflow SOMETHING . Long story short this morning same issue so I pull the floor up and expose the tank and notice gas was leaking on top of the fuel pump on port side of tank. My question is , how common is this ? I had a fuel leak fixed last year by dealer and I think same spot . Dealer is 3 weeks out in service . Is this something I can just take off myself replace gasket and save some money? I feel I’m pretty mechanically inclined but since the dealer fixed this last year and it’s leaking again I’m curious if there’s more to it ? See photos

Attachments

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First thing I would do is verify if the screws are tight that secure the fuel pump to the tank.

Jbuck9233

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply ! So yeah that was the first thing I did was go through each screw and tighten them down . Some were maybe half turn they were able to be tightened . Unfortunately still seems to be leaking in the same area.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd want to understand where and how it is leaking,

Is it while filling up and the pressure is pushing it out, is it sloshing around coming out,
is it coming from the fuel line connection while the engine is on pulling fuel,

I'd dry it up and then do some observation with the hatch off,

If it is just the gasket seal on the pump that should be an easy enough fix,

Jbuck9233

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I first noticed it while simply just sitting on the trailer in the yard . Removed the access panel to the tank and couldn’t find it so I pressed on the gas tank and noticed it was leaking around the top (in pictures ) given I had it filled with gas right before parking it so could be a mixture of pressure build up , (temps were roughly 95f outside ) but after I pressed on the tsnk
It continued to very lightly seep around the seal. I tightened all bolts and it still was lightly seeping . (Tank was still full of fuel and yard was slightly on slant so most gas was towards the back )

Jbuck9233

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I appreciate that ! I’ll order the gasket and give it a whirl!