• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2007 ar230 starter won’t crank

Ladr20m

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello I’m having a bunch of issue with my star board side engine. Did ecu swap due to gas flooding cylinder 3.Ecu box was full of water.I was trying to start the engine it was cranking then all of sudden then hose popped of fuel pressure reg and it stopped cranking.Now it only sounds like valves move but starter doesn’t crank.I changed the starter and relay pulled plugs and still same issue.Please help

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can you describe "valves move" a little better? Is it a clicking sound when you turn the key? Is anything spinning at all? And I presume you've gotten the fuel line reconnected? Were you able to determine what the reason was for the hose popping off?

Also, due to water being in the ECU, and Cylinder 3 flooding with fuel, that's pretty much all you need to know to deduce a faulty ECU. It's basically a guarantee.

Ladr20m

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Only sounds like the head is moving and the piston aren’t when I turn the key.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is a very odd description... the starter can't turn the camshaft without turning the crankshaft. I would recommend doing a compression test. If the starter is turning anything, it should show up. If you're sure it's not turning the engine, maybe take a video and post it up.