• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2007 Yamaha SX230 twin engine

monlopftm

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is this a good deal? 16K for a boat with 400 hours on it in good shape clean engine and seats are good. Test drove it and everything seems good drives smooth. Engine a bit loud but heard that’s typical with these models.

Attachments

• IMG_0027.jpeg
    IMG_0027.jpeg
    352.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0029.jpeg
    IMG_0029.jpeg
    571.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0030.jpeg
    IMG_0030.jpeg
    548.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0031.jpeg
    IMG_0031.jpeg
    325.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0032.jpeg
    IMG_0032.jpeg
    416.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0033.jpeg
    IMG_0033.jpeg
    322.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0036.jpeg
    IMG_0036.jpeg
    239.8 KB · Views: 29
Seems like a decent deal. Is it a freshwater or salt water boat? Engine bay is definitely very clean, I’d make sure you’d get a picture or print-out of the engine hours via YDS of each engine. That is unless the owner already gave you those. You can also ask for any possible diagnostic codes thrown using the YDS too.

The MR1 engines are definitely louder than your normal boat. We have enjoyed our AR230 for 4 seasons now and I’ve done all the work myself whether it be general maintenance or replacing parts.

Seems like a decent deal. Is it a freshwater or salt water boat? Engine bay is definitely very clean, I’d make sure you’d get a picture or print-out of the engine hours via YDS of each engine. That is unless the owner already gave you those. You can also ask for any possible diagnostic codes thrown using the YDS too.

The MR1 engines are definitely louder than your normal boat. We have enjoyed our AR230 for 4 seasons now and I’ve done all the work myself whether it be general maintenance or replacing parts.
Freshwater! In Illinois area. Yes he provided us with this.

Attachments

• IMG_0046.jpeg
    IMG_0046.jpeg
    302.8 KB · Views: 25
I honestly would like to see an actual YDS picture, not a “multi-point inspection” checklist.

The owner should have it if he knows the hours, it’s the only way to see the hours. I bought my YDS software on eBay.

I would say yes. I boat my 08 SX230 in 2015 for $25 k

That looks like a super clean boat for the age and money. I don't think I would shy away from that.

As far as noise, that engine bay has zero sound deadening material on the engine cover. The first project would be to buy some 80mil Kilmat and roller from Amazon and line that engine bay, fuel hatch and ski locker door. That will help with sound greatly.

Then consider some glued in flooring. Not only will it get rid of that carpet and hydro turf, but add additional sound deadening through the floor.

I would give that boat my blessing hands down. It's where boats of that age should be priced, let alone they have done almost all they could to prove it's seaworthy.

Back