• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2008 232 - Aux Power is Limited

IN2H2O

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Hi fellow yamanerds,

I recently sold my LS2000 and purchased a 2008 232 limited and took it out for the first time yesterday. I have an odd issue where only some of the axillary power switches are working. Once toggled on the backlights all rocker switches light up but this is the list of what is actually working

Working
Aux cabin cup holder lighting
Bilge
The 3 lights (check engine, over heat, oil pressure) under the tachometer on Port

Not Working
Blower
Radio
Nav Lights
Rear shower pump
The 3 lights (check engine, over heat, oil pressure) under the tachometer on Starboard

I've check the 2 fuse's by the battery and each individual trip reset under the rocker switches. I'm not sure what else to try. Any ideas where to start diagnosing? The seller did confirm the radio and nav lights worked. Also is the VSR a OEM item?

1620843427225.png

1620843165262.png

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yes that VSR is OEM.

I believe the tachs are connected together so that one is odd. My shower stopped working once and the fuse by the battery was the culprit but I think everything else worked (I never use the lights though). There are fuses in the back wall behind both engines but I don’t believe those are related to the items you’re having issues with.

It does seem fuse-related but have you checked to make sure all battery cables are connected? There are multiple. I would check for power behind the helm and go from there after ensuring all battery connections were connected.

IN2H2O

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Just to confirm once the radio has power the head unit should turn on and no additional buttons need to be pressed?

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yup, flip on house power at the VSR and the rocker switch in the dash and the head unit lights up. You do have to push "Source" in the head unit to get it to do something but yeah it has power at that point and scrolling through the demo mode.