• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2008 AR230 question.

Firemedic38

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I found a boat. 2008 AR230 HO. Agreed on a price of $21,500. Has updated stereo head unit. Added stereo remotes on the swim platform as well as the passenger area (can see in pics). Thrust vector XL. New carpets this year. New cover last week. Overall I feel it’s a great deal!

My question is this. There is a 12” subwoofer installed in the cabinet right behind the captains seat. It looks stock but I haven’t seen a speaker installed there in any other photos of this boat I’ve found on the Google machine. Does anyone know if this is a standard speaker on this year, make and model or if it’s definitely aftermarket? Current owner doesn’t know. He’s owner #2.

Thanks.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unless the dealer installed it for the new owner it is not stock....as far as I know. I have never seen one installed from the factory.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I found a boat. 2008 AR230 HO. Agreed on a price of $21,500. Has updated stereo head unit. Added stereo remotes on the swim platform as well as the passenger area (can see in pics). Thrust vector XL. New carpets this year. New cover last week. Overall I feel it’s a great deal!

My question is this. There is a 12” subwoofer installed in the cabinet right behind the captains seat. It looks stock but I haven’t seen a speaker installed there in any other photos of this boat I’ve found on the Google machine. Does anyone know if this is a standard speaker on this year, make and model or if it’s definitely aftermarket? Current owner doesn’t know. He’s owner #2.

Thanks.
Find out what kind of amp he installed. You could be picking up a real gem... if someone cut in and installed a sub in that location, it's likely a good quality speaker and is amplified and it likely rocks! Do you know what brand of speakers, head unit and remote were installed? Any pics you can share?

Firemedic38

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Find out what kind of amp he installed. You could be picking up a real gem... if someone cut in and installed a sub in that location, it's likely a good quality speaker and is amplified and it likely rocks! Do you know what brand of speakers, head unit and remote were installed? Any pics you can share?
i don’t yet But I’ll try to get some and post up. I take ownership next week.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sounds like a fair price. Is it a salt water boat?
Check @Scottintexas for a list of things to consider when maintaining your boat.