• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2008 Seadoo speedster

cookski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hello everyone,

I am thinking about buying a 2009 Sea-Doo Speedster 150 with a supercharged engine and would love some advice. The boat has 230 hours on it. What questions should I ask the seller, and what should I look out for during the inspection? My main concern is the supercharger. Are there any specific issues or maintenance tasks related to this model that I should be aware of? Any tips or insights from those with experience with this boat would be greatly appreciated!

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had a 2007 speedster 200 and I only had one issue and that was after the supercharger was rebuilt. Fortunately, I got a 1 year warranty after it was rebuilt so I got a new supercharger out of it. IMO it's a great reliable boat I have had more issues with my new Yamaha than I ever had with that boat. I will say it does not handle the water well. I would look at all the hose clamps as they tend to rust and if you have a dealer replace them all your looking around $1000 bucks. Other than that just the normal boat stuff, check the oil ask if they have mx records etc.

Big_O

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For the supercharged engines I think they recommend having them rebuilt every 100hrs. I had two seadoo boats but always stayed away from the supercharged for that reason. Other than that great little boat. Shares a lot of the engine and pump parts with the jet skis.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
F
For the supercharged engines I think they recommend having them rebuilt every 100hrs. I had two seadoo boats but always stayed away from the supercharged for that reason. Other than that great little boat. Shares a lot of the engine and pump parts with the jet skis.
Partially correct, it used to be every 100 hours but the new kits are now every 200 hours.