• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2009 Yamaha AR210 - Remove wake tower?

wkparker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello, All. I'm the new owner of a 2009 AR210. We've always had pontoons, but wanted something a little more fun and that didn't feel to big when it's just my wife and I. After lots of looking, I test drove this one, made a deal, and hauled it to the lake house this past weekend.

The problem I'm facing is this - I store my boats in a boat house with an overhead sling lift. There is plenty of room for the boat, but not enough headroom for the wake tower. As much as I hate to do it, I want to just remove the upper portion, keeping the port & starboard sections that are bolted to the hull so I can reinstall it when I eventually sell it (to upgrade to a newer model!).

It looks easy to unbolt - just 4 allen bolts from the looks of it. Any thoughts on how to keep those remaining upright "stubs" from looking ridiculous after the upper section is removed? I suppose the alternative is to remove the entire thing and have some matching caps made to cover the bolt holes.

Thanks

Pool noodles?

Sorry, I could not help myself. They seem to be the solution for so many problems.

I take mine off every winter to store it in my heated shop. I dont think it looks all that bad with the stubs. Its all aluminum with a threaded hole drilled in it. It would look better than taking it all off as you would have unfinished holes in the fiberglass.

Pool noodles?

Sorry, I could not help myself. They seem to be the solution for so many problems.

Hmm... might be really cool if I didn't cut them down so they would wave in the wind! ;)

I take mine off every winter to store it in my heated shop. I dont think it looks all that bad with the stubs. Its all aluminum with a threaded hole drilled in it. It would look better than taking it all off as you would have unfinished holes in the fiberglass.

Thanks, Captain Ron. Would you happen to remember what size allen screw it uses?

If I remove the entire assembly, I may create circular caps out of billet aluminium or starboard that match the diameter of the mounting plate, and hold them in place with the original bolts. That woudl make it much cleaner (and reduce the chance of losing the bolts!).

No, not at all...

Let me edit and rephrase: If you are pounding waves hard, then yes, you can hear it rattle. Under normal conditions it's quiet.

-Greg

Last edited:
@wkparker glad to have you on board, be sure to give us an update and let us know how it went,

be sure to check you scupper valve and unlike outboards only run the engines with water flowing, engine on, water on, water off, engine off, and don't run on just one engine above no wake speed,

check out the link in my signature below for common issues with your boat and the FAQ tab at the top of the page for lots of great DIY's

@wkparker glad to have you on board, be sure to give us an update and let us know how it went,

be sure to check you scupper valve and unlike outboards only run the engines with water flowing, engine on, water on, water off, engine off, and don't run on just one engine above no wake speed,

check out the link in my signature below for common issues with your boat and the FAQ tab at the top of the page for lots of great DIY's

Thanks! This site has already been enormously helpful - I'll be back often!

Not much--more a matter of balancing by yourself than actual weight.

I am in a lift too, but fortunately have enough headroom for the tower.

-Greg

Back