• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2011 242 Limited - Aftermarket Tower - What cover to use?

kaczman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Hi all,

I have a 2011 242 Limited that I put a reborn tower on. I was originally going to use the mooring covers, but they still let too much stuff in, and don't cover the swim deck that has new seadek on it.

Does ANYONE have any idea what cover I would use for this setup? Due to the placement of the bars for the tower, I dont think I can use a 242 Limited S cover.

Attachments

Texatl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have a ‘11 242 Limited as well, with a samson forward arch tower. I have a 2015 Limited S mooring cover that’s fits the back leg great, but the front leg is has to go over the mount. I can get it good and tight, keeps water out, great for towing long distance, etc... but those looking for an OEM fit, it gets close. The previous owner had it this way, as he could not find an 11 cover at all when they went or replace it. I’ll see if I can find a pic of the fit.

kaczman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have a ‘11 242 Limited as well, with a samson forward arch tower. I have a 2015 Limited S mooring cover that’s fits the back leg great, but the front leg is has to go over the mount. I can get it good and tight, keeps water out, great for towing long distance, etc... but those looking for an OEM fit, it gets close. The previous owner had it this way, as he could not find an 11 cover at all when they went or replace it. I’ll see if I can find a pic of the fit.
Thank you so much! A pic would be great.

Texatl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Now I am not 100% totally sure it’s a Limited S cover. But it is factory Yamaha, and it’s from 2015. I’m sure it has to be. Let me know if you want anything more close up… I’m going out to the boat this afternoon and can get any pic you need. Looking at the pic, I actually think you may be able to use the limited S cover.
Here you go:

7730EAD1-6065-4374-BAE0-B30DA5CFB28E.jpeg

kaczman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Now I am not 100% totally sure it’s a Limited S cover. But it is factory Yamaha, and it’s from 2015. I’m sure it has to be. Let me know if you want anything more close up… I’m going out to the boat this afternoon and can get any pic you need. Looking at the pic, I actually think you may be able to use the limited S cover.
Here you go:

View attachment 161662
Thank you Texatl! Im going to give that a try. I was wondering what the difference was on the 2011-2014 and 2015+ 242 covers. Looks great.

Texatl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Now I am curious, so I’m going to go look and get a closer picture and measurements of tower leg split. That way you can see if it would fit around your towers legs. The positioning looks like it may be really close.

Texatl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
BTW, I love the graphics. I was on the fence about the IPD graphics, especially on the blue sides. But our boats are the same coloring and it look great. Between your boat, and another AR195 that has IPD in my marina.... you all have me convinced. Now to just pic a style/pattern, and color scheme.

I also see... did you add a shore power side plug?? I just added a Noco 10amp 5x2 for the shore power, but didn’t do the outlet on the side yet.

You gotta the start a build thread on here, looks like you are getting a lot done on that boat. Looks great.

kaczman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
BTW, I love the graphics. I was on the fence about the IPD graphics, especially on the blue sides. But our boats are the same coloring and it look great. Between your boat, and another AR195 that has IPD in my marina.... you all have me convinced. Now to just pic a style/pattern, and color scheme.

I also see... did you add a shore power side plug?? I just added a Noco 10amp 5x2 for the shore power, but didn’t do the outlet on the side yet.

You gotta the start a build thread on here, looks like you are getting a lot done on that boat. Looks great.
Thanks! Yeah, i spent weeks trying to decide if the graphics were going to look good or stupid with the dark blue, and which graphic to choose. I think it came out great with that color selection.

Yeah, it was simple to add a shore power plug. Instead of running a cable under the cover - you just get a 2" hole saw and it takes like 5 minutes. Makes life way easier, then you have a plug by the chargers for vacuum and other stuff.

The build thread is here:

I gotta update it with everything we did this month.

kaczman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
HahA I just noticed your comment is the last one