• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2012 Speedster 150 Supercharged - high idle from cold start

TurnerBFC

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Hi all. 2012 Seadoo 255 supercharged - once I start the boat and hit the throttle once in forward, my rpm’s jump and hold at 2500 or so and don’t come down.

Did a reset on the throttle body with buds but no luck.

I replaced the MAP sensor and the Intake air temp sensor and no improvement

I am thinking air leak?

Anyone have any input or experience with such an issue?

*also as of last night, I found some water in my supercharger hose going from the intercooler to the the throttle body. I am pressure testing the intercooler today and will report back but something tells me that wasn’t part of my high idle problem.

TurnerBFC

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Pressure tested intercooler. No bubbles or pressure change so I am to assume it’s good.
Any insight what to chase next?