• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2013 212SS Bimini Trailering

DaBanker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I can't for the life of me figure out the best way to lay down the bimini while trailer my boat (2013 212SS). I do not have a wake tower so my bimini is very different than most on the thread. I absolutely prefer for it to be laying down on the boat not in an upright position. I believe that the biggest issue is that the front set of canvas poles do not want to lay on top of the rear set. They constantly want to lay inside or outside of the rear set. Im wondering if something isn't bent or loose somewhere but I can't figure out where. We bought the boat used about a year ago and do not have much history about what may have happened to it.

Does anyone else with a 212SS have similar issues or any suggestions? My biggest concern is just how to get it to lay down without damaging the canvas or gelcoat any more than it already has!

By chance, do you have any photos to share? I have a 2012 SX210, and when trailering with the cover, I fold the Bimini forward of the windshield. The prior owner, initially laid the Bimini backwards (towards the transom), but this scuffed up the gel coat on the gunnels. I’m not certain if this was because of where the “padded wraps” were placed, of if the bimini would just shift that much when going down the road.

If I am trailering short distances with speeds below 50, I’ll keep the bimini in the rear upright position with the boot on (and some Velcro straps to hold the boot in place).

Hope that helps.

I've heard of people folding it forward but never seen it done! I agree about leaving it up for short distances and low speeds. The closest lake to us is about 30 miles and 70+ MPH speeds. So not an option unless were camping or vacationing at a lake.

Do you have any pictures of yours folded forward? My boat is in the driveway currently but it's too hot out there for me right now. I'll try to get some pictures tonight.

Pictures for reference.

Dont mind the tattered boot. I plan to replace the top and boot next year.

Attachments

• 20210706_193306.jpg
    20210706_193306.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 15
  • 20210706_193239.jpg
    20210706_193239.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 14
  • 20210706_193423.jpg
    20210706_193423.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 14
  • 20210706_193405.jpg
    20210706_193405.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 16
I don’t believe I have any pictures of the Bimini folded forward. It fits right in front of the windshield, and then I install the boat cover.

Found one, after I installed sea deck :)

I plan on replacing the Bimini and boot in the next season or so as well.
0D51A5D2-066E-428B-BD12-2C9B84701730.jpeg

That is interesting! It does look like you have a very similar setup if not identical to mine. Do you think it was made to be put down forward? Do your poles sit on top of each other? I'm wondering if my setup isn't bent somewhere. No matter what I do the front section wants to sit inside or outside the rear section. Never exactly on top.

Let me see if I can get a better picture.

Thanks for the reply!

Attachments

• 20210706_204536.jpg
    20210706_204536.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 20210706_204603.jpg
    20210706_204603.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
You can do forward or back on these boats. I have mostly trailered with mine still up, never thought about putting down on the back. For long hauls I have put it forward and covered it with the shipping cover

Back