• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2013 SX 210

Billy bats

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a Question, I'm about to purchase a 2013 sx210 with180+ hours. While testing boat it got up and planned with no issues, speedo and gps was showing it wouldn't go over about 33mph, you can feel a little hesitation on and off like it wanted to produce more power. Clean-outs were clear. Anyone have similar issue? I'm thinking maybe a bad coil?

Last edited:

BrentEB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the same boat with about 130 hrs. Mine will usually do 43-44 mph. I don't know if a plug coil is bad, but bad plugs are more likely, IMO. When were they changed? If never that 's likely it.

Billy bats

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the same boat with about 130 hrs. Mine will usually do 43-44 mph. I don't know if a plug coil is bad, but bad plugs are more likely, IMO. When were they changed? If never that 's likely it.
Yeah, gonna go that route first. Thanks

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you recall RPMs? These are direct drive so engine speed=impeller speed. Could be pump/impeller damage or obstruction too.. Was the current owner with you? did he make any observations?

BrentEB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I thought there was a gear reducer in there... Anyway mine max's out at an engine 8000 rpm for the speed mentioned.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You are right, you have the 1052cc engine with a reducer. It's a much newer boat than mine so I just figured you had the 1.8 engines. My apologies.

I cannot find the normal max RPM for that boat, but I'm sure others will chime in to help.

Billy bats

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you recall RPMs? These are direct drive so engine speed=impeller speed. Could be pump/impeller damage or obstruction too.. Was the current owner with you? did he make any observations?
Rpm was 7800