• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2013 Yamaha 242 Limited S 35mph Top Speed

Mountain Boater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Greetings. I am new to this site but very impressed with the knowledge and passion of the members. Hoping someone can assist with my current issues.
I just bought a 2013 Yamaha 242 Limited S with 50 hours on it. Dealer advised that original owner made upgrades to impellers for high altitude (I am running in Grand Lake, CO at around 9,000 feet.
My max RPM's are currently 6500 and max Speed 35 MPH with 1 driver and 1/4 tank fuel.
The boat is not performing well for Watersports. Very disappointed.
Wondering if anyone has experience with changing impellers at high altitude?
Thanks a bunch!