• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2013 Yamaha AR240 HO - Tachometers

bryhooper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking for Tachometers for the 2013 AR240HO. These are the part numbers, as gaugesaver doesn't 'rebuild' tachs, and Yamaha discontinued these tachs.

F3H-U8245-10-00
F3H-U8245-00-00

Am very much open to used tachs, so long as they work. If anyone knows of compatible digital gauges that work, would go that route as well.

Please advise and thanks in advance for the help.

swed4198

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I know your frustration, I waited two years to have a tack, P/N F3H-U8245-20-00, to be delivered. That was for a 2013 242 Limited S. The P/N was for a black bezel instead of chrome but it works. Give Boats.net a call and ask them if there are alternate part numbers for your year/model.

bryhooper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know your frustration, I waited two years to have a tack, P/N F3H-U8245-20-00, to be delivered. That was for a 2013 242 Limited S. The P/N was for a black bezel instead of chrome but it works. Give Boats.net a call and ask them if there are alternate part numbers for your year/model.
boats.net did acknowledge they do not have F3H-U8245-00-00 and F3H-U8245-10-00 but indicated that F2D-U822N-20-00 works in lieu of the 10-00. Still awaiting confirmation but at this point I've started researching compatible digital replacements as the analog ones are nowhere to be found, and noone rebuilds them.

swed4198

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
One of the problems is that Yamaha uses a unique data format on the data bus so NEMA 2000 compatible devices may not read the data from the sensors. Their outboards use standard format but not the jets. Very frustrating! If you can find a Yamaha unit that works you will be ahead of the game even though they may not match the rest of the dash.

bryhooper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is the only electronic gauge i've seen thus far that's compatible, but it does not appear to show a fuel gauge, which obviously is very important.

If anyone has any experience with this, please pass along.

swed4198

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There are several companies that will make an analog fuel sender. They just need to know the depth of the tank and details on the mounting hole on the tank. I used one to make a sender for my LS2000.

bryhooper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Definitely something I"ll need to look into. Obviously I don't want to 'remake' the dash, so if I go the single-gauge route for RPMs, MPH, etc. will obviously need a fuel gauge and something else to fit where the other tach currently sits.

bryhooper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interested to learn more about your fuel gauge and what you did (?).

For everyone else...I'm looking towards getting a Ride Steady gauge, but with my SB tach on the fritz, obviously that's the position I would plan on putting in the fuel gauge, assuming I can get one the same size to fit, etc.

Any/all suggestions are welcome.