• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2013 Yamaha SX192 engine cut out and grinding sound

Marc F

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Any ideas? Took out my boat for the first time this season. Did all the engine checks, boat started right way, idled for a while. As soon as I got up to planing speed the engine cut out. Checked the engine compartment and couldn't see any issues. Restarted no problem, then as I was just getting up to planing speed there was a loud crunching sound, I felt vibration come through my feet and the engine cut out. When I looked at the engine the breather hose had blown off the air intake. I reconnected it but then I had no power, I could only limp into the launch at slower than idle speed. Nobody around here works on Jet boats! I do have it booked in, but hoping someone has any ideas so I don’t get ripped off.

ellj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Supercharger clutch?