• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 242 Limited S Key Largo, FL

Spooby

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hello everyone,

New to me 2014 Yamaha 242 limited S. Located in Key Largo Florida. Looking for any tips and tricks. The more the merrier! Proud to be here

Attachments

• Capture+_2020-06-13-15-21-10.png
    Capture+_2020-06-13-15-21-10.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
Welcome aboard! Congrats on the boat.
Have you reviewed the FAQs? Lots of great info there.

I would suggest ensuring you have some Salt Away/Salt Off for flushing and rinsing down the trailer as well as some Silicon Spray to spray down the engine compartment post outings. All of this to help minimize rust/corrosion from the salt.

@Spooby Congrats on the great looking boat. There are few of us here in the Keys, but we are growing. I have seen a lot more Jet Boats out here in Key West since 2018 which is great especially down here in the lower keys as it is so shallow. I have never boated in Key Largo except for when I bought my boat from Riva and went on a test run. Like @VitaminSea said take care of the engines each time you take your boat out of the water and complete your maintenance and your boat is going to last a long time. As well as get a cover, the sun is brutal here as you know. Let me know if you ever head down this way as there are some great sandbars to enjoy. Cheers.

Great looking boat, congratulations! My advice, come here often and we'll answer your questions and tell you how to spend your money... lol!

Enjoy!

Back