• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 ar210 top speed concern

Sebago

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New member here. Buying 2014 ar210 with very low hours - rarely used, practically new. I did a visual inspection last week. Scheduled to pick up boat on Saturday. Originally, broker wanted to run engines in shop, but I convinced him for a water demo before pick up - weather here in NE has been warm. They took it upon themselves to do a water test yesterday. He sent me an email with results: “it was Windy and choppy. She ran great, 8000 Rpms, 36 top speed”. I replied that I thought 36 was low. They ran her again today, calmer waters and she hit 38 on GPS. Told me that if a maintenance was done on her oil, spark plugs, etc she’d probably run faster. Not sure what or if anything has been done since 2014, barely used.

I’m still planning to go on Saturday and do a demo myself, but was wondering on thoughts. A lot of sites say the 210 should hit mid 40s.

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New member here. Buying 2014 ar210 with very low hours - rarely used, practically new. I did a visual inspection last week. Scheduled to pick up boat on Saturday. Originally, broker wanted to run engines in shop, but I convinced him for a water demo before pick up - weather here in NE has been warm. They took it upon themselves to do a water test yesterday. He sent me an email with results: “it was Windy and choppy. She ran great, 8000 Rpms, 36 top speed”. I replied that I thought 36 was low. They ran her again today, calmer waters and she hit 38 on GPS. Told me that if a maintenance was done on her oil, spark plugs, etc she’d probably run faster. Not sure what or if anything has been done since 2014, barely used.

I’m still planning to go on Saturday and do a demo myself, but was wondering on thoughts. A lot of sites say the 210 should hit mid 40s.
2015 ar210 - 47mph stock, near perfect conditions.

Attachments

Redneck_4Play

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Take a look at the impellers. If they are dinged up there is likely some cavitation and impacting performance.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Which engines? I was thinking ‘15 (mentioned above) were different.

My ‘11 SX210 topped out about 38, as I recall. It had the smaller MR-1 engines (non-High Output). Also, are you at higher elevation?

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Which engines? I was thinking ‘15 (mentioned above) were different.

My ‘11 SX210 topped out about 38, as I recall. It had the smaller MR-1 engines (non-High Output). Also, are you at higher elevation?
My 2015 has the 110HP MR-1.

Sebago

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1052cc. 110 each. They had Bimini up and hull good use a good cleaning.

I’ll also take a closer look at Impellers

Sebago

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry, 400’ elevation

Kaveh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm new to boating and I'm posting this just for reference.
I just purchased a 2014 SX210 with only 50h.
I was able to reach 40 mph max but most of the time I the top speed was 38-39 mph. That is with two adults and a 3/4 full tank.
The meter on the boat is showing top speed of 47 mph. Maybe the previous owner was able to go at that speed?

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Change your plugs and clean your hull. Make sure you oil is not overfilled and have clean air filters.