• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2014 First Day on the Water!

WickedPorter

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
SO... I spent about eight straight hours getting the boat ready to launch, partaking in fun tasks like battery installation, engine test fires, fixing some weather stripping, cleaning, cleaning, more cleaning, polishing, boat blinging, assessing damage from the coldest winter I've ever experienced, removing (and trying to remember where I placed) tons of cab fresh, etc. I'm still not done, but the rest I can do slip-side.

Notes and concerns:
  1. The rubber plates where the wake tower meets the gelcoat are disintegrating rapidly, cracked and brittle. I've got some replacements on order. Blaming coldest winter ever.
  2. The yamaha blue marine grease apparently turns a yellowish tan color when it dries up.
  3. Bugs (or something?) looks to have eaten a little bit of rubber around where the aft portion of the window frames taper and terminate at the gelcoat. Not too concerned about it. The rubber around the window frame all the way around appears to be in tact, but the aft "ends" were apparently tasty looking.
  4. No indications of rodent visits.
  5. Boat is stored inside, but has been sitting in a field for the last couple of weeks. Apparently, birds love to build nests on top of the pumps. Tried my best to carefully relocate. No eggs, thankfully.
  6. I put a coat of Hot Sauce on the boat before it went in to storage. It still had a super shiny/slick finish (even after sitting through a few severe thunderstorms). I LOVE HOT SAUCE.
  7. After I backed the boat down the ramp, I detached everything and started to explain to my friend that he may need to back the trailer down a little bit more in order to release me from the trailer. As I was explaining this, the boat promptly started floating rearward off the lift, and my happy ass dove Jackie Chan style (so I'd like to think) in to the bow and warped over to the helm. That was amusing to some at first, me later.
The first voyage of 2014 involved a very quick journey from the ramp to my slip for new boat lift training by the marina staff. This is a new Hydrohoist boat lift, and so far I LOVE it. Very nice unit!

Back to the marina tomorrow for more interior detailing, but mostly quality time hanging out on my boat with a beer or three. I missed Nellie. It was a horribly long winter!

Here's Whoa Nellie! sitting on her new lift!

2014-05-16 18.33.59.jpg

Wow! Extraordinary set up there! Congrats on your first day on the water! :winkingthumbsup"

that looks great! can you easily access the boat while the lift is up or is it gymnastics to get in?

that looks great! can you easily access the boat while the lift is up or is it gymnastics to get in?

Thanks!

I can use my new "Jackie Chan" moves to access it when it's at the highest position... this lift does lift it up pretty high in the air. I *WILL* be removing any valuables/electronics from my pockets before doing any fancy boarding when the boat is up on the lift. I will fall in at least once this summer, I know me.

Otherwise, I can lower the lift a tad and enter from the bow very easily. The great part about having the boat in the highest position is the ease of cleaning/wiping down the hull, especially the lower areas. It's literally right there in front of you and quite a bit higher than it would be in the typical on a trailer/in the driveway setup.

My slip includes shore power for my charger and water service as well. Looking forward to spending quite a bit of time here! Most people have "decorated" their slips with various forms of lighting and decor. I've given this task to my wife :D

not sure how the bunks are but maybe you could back it in and have easy access onto the swim deck from the front of the slip?

not sure how the bunks are but maybe you could back it in and have easy access onto the swim deck from the front of the slip?

Great idea! The bunks are set up for this it seems (parallel), though would still probably check with the lift experts at the marina to verify this would be OK. My concern would be around how the lift is set up to handle the load (i.e. Set up to accommodate more weight on the rear for the engines).

Also, the lift sits back quite a ways in the slip ... Would need to make sure I can back the boat in far enough to be beneficial.

I'll update this thread as I investigate this further!

image.jpg Oh she looks so good in her new home... and I do believe I'm the only Yamaha in the marina right now. Jetboaters.net strategic sticker placement happening soon... :D

Great idea! The bunks are set up for this it seems (parallel), though would still probably check with the lift experts at the marina to verify this would be OK. My concern would be around how the lift is set up to handle the load (i.e. Set up to accommodate more weight on the rear for the engines).

Also, the lift sits back quite a ways in the slip ... Would need to make sure I can back the boat in far enough to be beneficial.

I'll update this thread as I investigate this further!

I back up at least once a month onto my lift to make it easier to fuel her up and polish the port side of the boat. Only thing I would suggest is to pull the boat onto the lift with a rope or something don't back it onto the lift under power. Reason I say this is your fins (TV XL's) are built to go one way and if they catch on your lift you can kiss them good bye. Dang near did this my first time going in the slip backwards.

So Jealous! I wish I could have mine on the water like that!

Back