• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2014 scarab 195

Motloch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
I am looking at buying a 2014 Scarab 195 HO. It has 35 hours on it and I will be taking it out for a sea trial. What things should I be looking for during the test drive. I don’t know much about boats.

That's a pretty new boat, so I'll spare you the stuff that should be in great shape.

- Starts well.
- Reaches top speed/RPM (you'll have to look up the specs on that boat with that/those engines.
- Check wear ring and impeller condition (need out of water and look through intake grate under the boat with a flashlight). Looking for deep gauges, severe dings on the impeller, etc. This can be relatively easily fixed but it's a negotiating factor.
- Check intake grate condition, make sure everything looks good.
- No water coming in via engine area, etc.
- Bilge in good working order (once no water coming in, you can always dump enough water in there to make it activate with owner's permission).
- Ask when the last oil change was done. There were probably two, one at 10h and one at 25h. After that, you usually do it once a season.
- All hardware is snug, cushions are in good shape, hull has no damage... all the stuff that can be seen visually.
- Battery age.
- Equipement included (fire extinguisher, etc.).
- Lights all work.
- Stereo works (if equipped) and all speakers.
- Ladder is in good shape.
- Oh, adding no error codes on the console.

Stuff like neutral not being perfectly neutral, steering wheel a little off from center when going straight, etc. can all be adjusted... but if you have some "problems" then you will need to deal with them. Some of these things may not be required... depends on what you see, how the owner is, etc.

Thank you for the information and quick reply.

Can anyone recommend Service place for my 2015 Scarab 165 in hollywood FL area. 33020.

Two issues:
1. I have 28 hrs on it and needs oil change.

2. Will not start, checked all fuses and okay, gauges work until I go to start engine.

I can't comment on a service location but your problem #2 sounds like a failed relay(s). Assuming it's not even cranking and the battery is in ok shape, then you should replace your relays. Right behind the battery is a fuse box. In it are multiple fuses + 2 black, rectangular relays. You can find what they look like as well as the part number here: https://jetboaters.net/threads/rotax-owners-keep-this-handy.13017/#post-228410

I recommend you get a hold of two of them since your boat has two and they are inexpensive. Replace one at a time and see if the boat starts. Once resolved, discard the broken one(s) and keep the extra(s) as a spare in your boat.

Relays typically fail when people connect their batteries incorrectly. But of course, they can also fail because of wear and tear.

Luc

thank you for the feedback. I will purchase some relays and see if that fixes the starting issue

Is it difficult to change oil ?

Definitely easy to do but you do need to buy an oil vacuum pump. Hand ones work great and aren't too expensive. If you're willing to do it, message me and I can walk you through it.

Back