• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 Scarab 215 impulse

agricon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
NA
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So I am in the market for a new jet boat, have been a sea doo fan for years and know many of the tricks and such to use and maintain them, now with sea doo no longer manufacturing boats its time for me to look at other brands as I start shopping around, I dont buy new boats personally but I, have been searching for a low hour sea doo 210 wake 2011 or 2012 model but it seems there rarity keeps resale high in this area and it seems I can jump into a low hour 2014 scarab 215 impluse from a dealer that was a sea doo dealer that I have had really good service from for the same price,

My question is what are peoples thoughts at looking at 2014 models? Any tips to look out for in used scarabs? I know introduction years are often not the best, but does anyone have a list of updates that should of been done to ask about at the dealer? or am I better off staying completely away from them?

The boat has about 70 hours on it, when would the engines need major work? Was their not naturally aspirated.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The good news is if you buy a Yamaha you won't likely need those many tricks for maintenance. Sure there are Yamahas that have issues but the vast majority of Yamaha boats are super reliable.

Our 11 year old SX210 has never been in the shop for any kind of repair. Change the oil, oil filter, change the plugs, and you're pretty much set for the next season.

agricon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
NA
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The good news is if you buy a Yamaha you won't likely need those many tricks for maintenance. Sure there are Yamahas that have issues but the vast majority of Yamaha boats are super reliable.

Our 11 year old SX210 has never been in the shop for any kind of repair. Change the oil, oil filter, change the plugs, and you're pretty much set for the next season.

No thanks to the Yamaha. First jet boat I owned was one and it happened to be a lemon. Couple that with a local dealer for Yamaha here that is not worth a dam and I will pass for now.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No thanks to the Yamaha. First jet boat I owned was one and it happened to be a lemon. Couple that with a local dealer for Yamaha here that is not worth a dam and I will pass for now.
Sorry to hear that. If it was an older 2-stroke I can understand. If it was a newer 4-stroke then surely you got one of the few lemons. Most people have had very little trouble with their Yamaha's.

My experience came from owning a 2005 Honda Aquatrax PWC. I was a member of a PWC club with over 100 members. What I noticed over several years and dozens of club rides was the only skis that broke down were the SeaDoos. The Honda, Kawasakis, and Yamahas were super reliable. When I wanted to switch from a PWC to a boat I would have bought a Honda if there was one. When I found out Yamaha made twin jets with PWC engines my decision was a no brainer. I'm glad I did. The only things I've dealt with are standard maintenance things. The trailer has been a different story.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have a 2014 195 HOI that I am contemplating selling. I have it listed in the classifieds. If you are interested in hearing the details PM me...

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I owned my 2007 SeaDoo for a long time and never had a problem with it. I did the maintenance myself every season. Very happy with their reliability. Now, thats SeaDoo, which did boat and engine as one...heard some stories about non-jet boat companies (Scarab and Chaparral) were they have had some learning to do. Anyway...Im in on BRP and just got a Scarab 255...lets see how this goes!

Ronnie0471

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Scarabs are awesome. 0 issues with my 2016 yr 215 hoi ...love love love the boat and hands down ,way nicer looking than any other jettys out there. I would also advise the twin supercharged if in the budget? . " buy yr second boat 1st"

agricon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
NA
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Sorry to hear that. If it was an older 2-stroke I can understand. If it was a newer 4-stroke then surely you got one of the few lemons. Most people have had very little trouble with their Yamaha's.

My experience came from owning a 2005 Honda Aquatrax PWC. I was a member of a PWC club with over 100 members. What I noticed over several years and dozens of club rides was the only skis that broke down were the SeaDoos. The Honda, Kawasakis, and Yamahas were super reliable. When I wanted to switch from a PWC to a boat I would have bought a Honda if there was one. When I found out Yamaha made twin jets with PWC engines my decision was a no brainer. I'm glad I did. The only things I've dealt with are standard maintenance things. The trailer has been a different story.
jdonalds, i searched their website (yamaha), looks like they have a new dealer on the way to the lake listed, small mom and pop type shop, might check it out this weekend, might have some questions over at the yamaha section. I have a thing that its dealer over brand for me so I will continue shopping, new dealer might take me back over the sour experience I had,

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The problems with the Scarab's were 90% caused by the dealer/service network due to lack of knowledge of the product. 10% manufacturer issues. The Rotax power plant is bulletproof. Good luck on your search! Oh and @Slugger55 boat is very sweet with some nice mods. I have personally rode in it.