• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 Shorelandr Tail Light Wiring HELP

DatacomGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last season I replaced the original tail lights with LEDs. I've been having disconnect issues with my tow vehicle where frequently my tail lights wont work or turn signals wont work. Started digging in to it this weekend, and discovered that there is actually a 3-pin molded connector (research shows by Optronics) in the trailer that the tail lights connect to. Last year I never saw that, and had just soldered to the 3 wires that were originally connected to the original lights.

I fished the connector out of both port and starboard side of the trailer and both connectors (on the tail light side) are bad. Completely corroded and trashed. The connector on the trailer side of the wiring is okay. The connector on the tail light side has broken prongs. The trailer side of the wiring has 5 conductors going in to the connector. The tail light side has 3.

Port side has two white, two brown, and a yellow. Starboard has two white, two brown, and a green. I assume I would splice the two brown together with brown from the tail light, two white together with the white of tail light, and then the yellow with yellow and green with green. My challenge here is i have no slack to get to them. There is not enough slack to cut off the connector and splice in.

I can't find ANY of these connectors online, looks like to be their old incandescent style tail light connector and im going to assume are obsoleted. Unsure how to fix this but as of now I have no tail lights and have a big trip coming up in a week. If I could find slack, i'd cut it off and splice in but because there isn't, unsure how to proceed. HELP!

Attachments

Last edited:

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm not sure why you can get slack for the 3 pin. Mine dissolved into powder I used water proof crimp connectors that was 3 years ago still working great . I'm not sure about the other questions but you should be able to sort it out . Also clean up the 4 or 5 pin connector and reciever I usually get a ground issue on that connector, it needs to be clean

DatacomGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got it figured out. Slack issues due to wires being stuck behind one of the sidemarker lamps. All good now!

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad you were able to sort it out, sorry I'm a little late to the party. Chances are, standard bullet style connectors would mate just fine with that plug, they would just be individual bullet connectors instead of a molded plug. But, you're past that, and were able to jump straight to a better, more permanent solution, which I would've recommended anyway. Also, for the record, white is your ground wire, brown is your running lights, yellow is left turn, and green is right turn. Just an fyi. Happy boating!