• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 Yamaha sx 190 no throttle response

Dale P

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello everyone,

I just recently got my 2014 Yamaha sx 190 ready for the summer. She was winterized with an oil change, new spark plugs, fogged, and battery tendered. She starts right up fine and runs well. When I push the throttle forward or backwards there is no response at all. This is my first year with the boat after winterizing it. I am new to this. Can anyone help me out here? Am I missing something or is there a real issue?

Thank you,
Dale

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My first guess is that it's a mechanical failure...have you looked at the two ends of the cable, at the throttle and in the engine bay, to make sure a connection point didn't fail?

Dale P

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My first guess is that it's a mechanical failure...have you looked at the two ends of the cable, at the throttle and in the engine bay, to make sure a connection point didn't fail?
Thank you for the reply.
I did not, I will check that tomorrow and update this post with my findings.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree. My bet is the connect point got knocked during winterizing or something.

But just in case... please check that the reverse gate moves up and down over the jet, too.

Dale P

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just wanted to give a little update. I was looking around in the engine bay. Grabbed the spring where the throttle cable connects too and just pulled the spring back and released it back to the stop a few times and the throttle was suddenly working again. Idk if it was stuck before or what happened. Everything seems to be working fine now.

Thank you for help guys.