• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 203 Vortex won't turn to right.

Dajson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Was out riding yesterday and all of sudden I was unable to turn to the right. I could go left or straight. Got back home and can't see anything stuck. I do have thrust vectors installed but they don't appear to be hitting anything. Granted I can't get a full view since I was looking at it with the boat in the water. Would as broken cable do this? I've been boatong 40yrs and never had a steering cable break.

Thanks

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
does the steering wheel turn to the right ?

is the wheel turning but the boat isn't reacting ?

when you turn the wheel is the jet nozzle turning ?

Dajson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies. The cable is pulling because nozzle will go hard left and I can then straighten it out . It just won't go right. What is strange is the wheel turns it's normal range. The wheel turns like it did before this happened.It turns about 3/4 of a turn to left from center with response from nozzle to hard left and 3/4 to right from center but nozzle stops at midline.