• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 242 limited s help

Jcp6263

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello I’m looking for some help I recently purchased a 2015 242 limited S it has approximately 130 hours about three weeks ago was the first time I brought it out on the water I was having a hard time getting up to plane as I would start to takeoff when I got around 15 mile an hour that RPM would jump up and I would get very little movement I rebuilt the cleanout port and jet pump with new housing and bearings the propeller look to be in good condition no nicks or I brought it back out after rebuilding everything this weekend it seem to improve a little bit but on the low end I was getting a hard time getting up to speed the port engine would always be the worst once I got up to around 20/22 mph I would instantly feel like I got traction and the boat would easily get up to 40 mile an hour plus when I tried towing a tube it was a lot worse this is my first jet boat just looking for some advice where should I look to solve this problem thank you