• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 AR210 one engine revs out of control after 3500 RPM's

Sammyk4000

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I'm bringing the boat up to speed and get over about 3500 RPM's, my port engine suddenly revs up to 9000 RPM's then back down randomly. If I hammer both throttles up to full speed it stops doing it and the boat drives just fine. Any ideas on where I can start looking for problems? I've replaced the cleanouts, but that's about it so far. Any help would be appreciated.

If you have no engine alarms that should rule out things like throttle body and cam sensor. Could possibly be bad cavitation on that side.

When I'm bringing the boat up to speed and get over about 3500 RPM's, my port engine suddenly revs up to 9000 RPM's then back down randomly. If I hammer both throttles up to full speed it stops doing it and the boat drives just fine. Any ideas on where I can start looking for problems? I've replaced the cleanouts, but that's about it so far. Any help would be appreciated.
Sounds like cavitation. Something is in there, or you have an issue with the impeller, or something going on down in the jet tunnel. Pull the pump and check it out.

Thank you for the quick response- I’ll give that a shot!

If you have no engine alarms that should rule out things like throttle body and cam sensor. Could possibly be bad cavitation on that side.
Alright I appreciate that. Will look into it.

That is where I would begin.

Back