• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 AR240 - Float mode high pitch noise

Jonathan Pisarczyk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello Everyone,

I've recently upgraded from a 2009 AR210 to a 2015 AR240. So far were really enjoying the new boat. However in float mode with the engines shut off. I hear a unusual high pitch noise coming from behind the steering wheel area. If I open the small access door (driver's side console compartment) which shows the rear of the Yamaha Connext system and Polk audio head unit the high pitch noise is even more noticeable.

I'm wondering if any other owners are hearing this noise? I'm wondering if something in the Connext system is defective causing the noise. Maybe something isn't grounded. Please let me know.

Jonathan

Last edited:

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It might be the depth alarm. How deep is the water and what do you have the alarm set to ? On mine there is a red mute button on the touch screen that looks like a speaker.

Jonathan Pisarczyk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My depth alarm is set to 3ft. The high pitch sound is happening non stop. Regardless if the depth alarm is on or off. I've tried pushing the mute button for the alarm which works as expected. The high pitch sound even happens with the speakers muted.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When you are on the HOME screen do you see any warning message scrolling?

Jonathan Pisarczyk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No warning
When you are on the HOME screen do you see any warning message scrolling?
No warning on home screen. I called the dealer they will replace the screen. I'm not sure when I will be able to make it but will report back.

Jonathan Pisarczyk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How loud is it? Is it continuous?
It's continuous. It's loud enough enough just to annoy the driver mainly.

Here's some sound samples I took using the "analyzer app" on my iPhone of dB and Spectrum (please note I did this on the water so the waves may have decreased accuracy. I will try again later):

Everything off:

Depth Alarm ON:

Float mode. Radio Muted. Depth Alarm OFF. High Pitch sound running continuous.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe mine does it too....I just probably can't hear 12.5KHz anymore LOL. :)

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I checked mine and didn't hear anything, but like McMark said, I doubt I could hear it either. I'll ask my boys this weekend if they can hear anything..lol

impulsion

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I noticed a high pitched noise on mine but it was very subtle. I think at the time I was wondering if it came from my music source somehow but in retrospect it wasn't coming from the speakers it was audible near the connext system

Jonathan Pisarczyk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I figured out today how to lower the high pitch noise. If you dim the screen all the way to 5% brightness the high pitch noise stops. If I go back to full brightness the screen will start the high pitch noise right away. I still plan on taking the boat to the dealer in the next week or two.

Jonathan Pisarczyk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had the screen replaced. Noise is gone! Only other thing I noticed is the engine hours are back to zero. I'm sure the ECU still has the original hours.