• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 AR240 - Seadek/Marine Mat Sources

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys, we picked up our boat last year in November and so far it's been a blast. Since I live in Florida, we are able to boat year round and I've been spending a ton of time on the water getting familiar with the boat.

When I bought the boat from the dealership (Cycle Springs in Clearwater) it did not have the factory carpet in it. That wouldn't be a big issue except the previous owner took out 99% of the snaps and did an awful job at sealing the holes (I'm going to redo them with color match gel coat) but I want to put in some type of matting. My original thought was Seadek and others have mentioned Marine Mat be the "less expensive" alternative. Oddly enough Marine Mat is 3 miles from my house! I stopped by during the holidays last year and spoke directly to Jennifer (who is referenced on this forum as their point of contact) and unfortunately their pricing for a full kit similar to what Seadek offers was MORE expensive....even after she offered a discount =(.

With that, I'd really like to get some mats in before the summer kicks off although its not critical I do so. I just dont like the way the floors look bare and how when I rinse the boat down there's always some dirt left towards the front even after storing it nose up.

I know jetboatpilot.com is a sponsor and provides a turn-key kit. I also know that they have run a huge group buy I think in September for the kits. What I'm trying to find out is if anyone either:

A) Knows of any additional vendors I can contact for better current pricing - I'll do the install myself
B) Has purchased the sheets online (I've seem them either on eBay or Amazon) and cut to fit themselves or built/found templates to do so

I was at a local boat show here in Tampa, Florida not too long ago and there was a company out there, I think called Custom Decks or something. They where the only vendor their advertising Seadek solutions and with a boat show discount. After I gave them my info and heard back the next day regarding their boat show discount pricing, they where over $400 MORE than both JBP and Marine Mat. I know I'm knew to boating and yeah I get the whole "B.O.A.T" but come on...

I always try to support local vendors and small businesses as I think its super important. However, I also shop around for the best prices and service and that is also worth something in value to me. If the absoultely best idea is to wait until jetboatpilot does another group buy in the last part of the year then so be it. But, if I can get the mats sooner than later and enjoy them now and throughout the summer at less than retail cost then I'm open to ideas.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
With Seadek, you can do the templating yourself and order from any number of vendors, but probably a thousand times easier to just dial up the exact kit for your boat. I think that whatever you do, you should get a 'finished' kit, versus the rolls you can cut yourself.

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'm not sure if you are set on the sea dek or what it even costs, but to get OEM carpet seems to be reasonably priced (for boat stuff) and you could put snaps back in the hole. I found the following prices at 2017 Yamaha 242X E SERIES (SAT1800ES) Bimini Top / Carpet | Yamaha Sports Plaza

2015 AR 240 OEM Carpets: $504
2017 AR 240 OEM Carpets: $394.79 (Should fit)/ Snaps: $1.59 / Tapping screws: $1.92

If you wanted the OEM snap in mats that look like sea dek, you can buy the 2017 242X E series mats for $856.15

Again, I am not sure what they are quoting you but I honestly don't mind the snap in. I may actually buy some carpets for winter cruising as I find it more comfortable. Then again, I imagine we have a few members looking to sell their carpets after installing sea dek. You could buy some and wait for the next group buy? Hopefully that helps, I wouldn't want to cruise around without my mats/carpet. It makes the boat so warm and comfortable.

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With Seadek, you can do the templating yourself and order from any number of vendors, but probably a thousand times easier to just dial up the exact kit for your boat. I think that whatever you do, you should get a 'finished' kit, versus the rolls you can cut yourself.
This seems to be the general concensus across the board. I rather get the proper "kit" than attempt to save a few bucks cutting corners but paying full retail or having to wait for a decent sale kinda burns my ass, lol. I'm really just surprised that the kits for our boats are vastly more common considering its Yamaha's #1 selling boat and there seem to be a TON of them. Ah well, I'll keep an eye on for any discounts and such in hopes of scoring a deal before September...

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not sure if you are set on the sea dek or what it even costs, but to get OEM carpet seems to be reasonably priced (for boat stuff) and you could put snaps back in the hole. I found the following prices at 2017 Yamaha 242X E SERIES (SAT1800ES) Bimini Top / Carpet | Yamaha Sports Plaza

2015 AR 240 OEM Carpets: $504
2017 AR 240 OEM Carpets: $394.79 (Should fit)/ Snaps: $1.59 / Tapping screws: $1.92

If you wanted the OEM snap in mats that look like sea dek, you can buy the 2017 242X E series mats for $856.15

Again, I am not sure what they are quoting you but I honestly don't mind the snap in. I may actually buy some carpets for winter cruising as I find it more comfortable. Then again, I imagine we have a few members looking to sell their carpets after installing sea dek. You could buy some and wait for the next group buy? Hopefully that helps, I wouldn't want to cruise around without my mats/carpet. It makes the boat so warm and comfortable.
I thought about it but path of least resistance says to fix the holes I have now and get them perfect then apply new Seadeck/other and call it a day. Thanks for looking up this info though =)