• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 AR240 Wakeboard Rack Clamp

Decafe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Couple questions for those not using Yamaha racks and clamps:

1.) Which tower tube are you installing your racks on, the front larger diameter tube or the rear smaller tube?
2.) What is the exact size of these tubes so I know what size clamp and rubber insert to get?

I bought some black Indy racks that came with a 2.5" clamp with a 2.25" and 2" rubber insert to mount on the rear tube. They look like they would work perfect, but slip too easily. Not sure whether I should go for a smaller clamp or larger insert. I've contacted the dealer and Yamaha...yet to received an answer to my question regarding exact size/diameter of these 2015 AR240 tower tubes.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
1 7/8"

greg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have 2 racks on the forward larger tube on each side. Which is 2 3/8" and the rear tube are 2" on 15 240.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I have 2 racks on the forward larger tube on each side. Which is 2 3/8" and the rear tube are 2" on 15 240.
The forward bar is 2 3/8" like you said, but the rear tube is 1 7/8" on the AR240.

Decafe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the confirmation. Yamaha also called back confirming the rear tube is 48mm (1.88in or 1 7/8), the forward tube is 60mm. Looks like I need to clamp to the larger tube with a smaller rubber insert or get a smaller clamp for the smaller rear tube. Seems like a larger rubber insert with a 2.5" clamp could get sloppy after while on the rear tube. Personally I think mounting to the rear tube once the wakeboards are inserted just looks nicer.

Kennc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also have an Indy rack on my 240. What I did was cut a piece of one rubber insert to go over the other rubber insert. Basically added a mini layer.

I mounted on rear tube and works fine.

About a 3" piece and I "bridged" the other insert. Kinda hard to explain.

Been like that all season. Almost 50 hours, no slipping or other issues.

Decafe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the info.