• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 LS Seat Cushion Screws

Dsitton

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does anyone have a solution for the screws falling out of the seat cushion hinges on the 2015 Limited S model? Boat is too new to have to tighten the screws before every outing!! Thanks in advance for the tips...

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have not seen how they fit but can you use bolts with nuts? If so I suggest using some thread locker (Loctite Blue) or lock nuts to keep them from coming loose.

If not perhaps add some adhesive to the screw threads.

Dsitton

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bolts with nuts won't work as they screw up into the cushion base, but surely the adhesive or thread locker will work. Thanks for your help!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are they screwing into wood, metal or some sort of nut?

If wood I would use a construction adhesive such as liquid nails. If it is metal I would use a thread locker. If it is fiberglass something like 3M 4200 could be a good option as long as you never plan to remove them.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had a couple come loose. I used hot glue then screwed it back in quick before it set up. Haven't moved yet.

Dsitton

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Are they screwing into wood, metal or some sort of nut?

If wood I would use a construction adhesive such as liquid nails. If it is metal I would use a thread locker. If it is fiberglass something like 3M 4200 could be a good option as long as you never plan to remove them.
It's not wood or metal...not sure exactly what the material is. I'm guessing it's a type of fiberglass. Thanks for the ideas!

Dsitton

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had a couple come loose. I used hot glue then screwed it back in quick before it set up. Haven't moved yet.
Awesome idea and even better knowing that it has worked for you. Thanks a ton!

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My dealership told me that the bench seat bases are made from recycled milk jugs. My hinges are fastened to the base via bolts, not screws. One of mine got loose and the reason was because the nut in the seat had shifted so the bolt was just screwed into the seat foam. I got it fixed under warranty. The tech used a heavy wire to pull the nut into alignment so that the bolt screwed into it. The seat in question is the one behind the drivers seat.
EDIT: Now that I'm home on my computer and typing is much easier, I should mention that my dealership first "fixed" my loose bolt by replacing it with a larger diameter screw coated with silicone. The larger diameter screw grabbed onto the hinge bracket (but nothing was being grabbed onto in the seat) and they made it look like it was firmly affixed, but I knew that it was a hoax, so I asked them to fix it properly, which they did.

Last edited:

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'll have to check, but as far as I know, there are no issues like that with our 2015 242 LS, but the hot glue idea sounds good.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll have to check, but as far as I know, there are no issues like that with our 2015 242 LS, but the hot glue idea sounds good.
I'd be surprised if they used different seat hardware between the AR and the LS in 2015. Hot glue seems like a cosmetic fix. If the LS has the same design as the AR, then those bolts should be screwing into nuts inside the seat.

Dsitton

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Man, it's nice to know that help is out there when needed. I will definitely take it up with the dealer and get it taken care of under warranty. I was out in rough water this weekend and 3 of them came out. When I went to grab a cold one the entire hinge on one side was disconnected from the seat cushion. So ticked off...