• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Scarab 165 HO Shift Cable

imtheflyer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
This past week my shift cable broke, I was able to use the boat the rest of the week by removing the reverse gate, made for some interesting docking. Does anyone know what part number the shift cable is or if there are aftermarket alternatives? I have the pdf of the service manual, but any other tips on replacing would be appreciated.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
This past week my shift cable broke, I was able to use the boat the rest of the week by removing the reverse gate, made for some interesting docking. Does anyone know what part number the shift cable is or if there are aftermarket alternatives? I have the pdf of the service manual, but any other tips on replacing would be appreciated.
I had similar thing happen to me, except that the bucket got locked in the up position (forwards)!

Yup, made docking pretty sporty. There's a YouTube video around somewhere! :)

imtheflyer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks @ScarabMike I pulled my broken one out and can confirm the part number is 268000108 so your link is the correct one.

newb

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Did anyone find any youtubes on how to replace it? Some thing happened to us. With help we removed the cable and ordered a new one which has now sat here for months because we are unsure how to get it back in on our own. Thanks

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I've never had to replace mine, but I presume most are similar. Just do a search for Sea-Doo shift cable replacements. Here's an example: