• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015+ SX240 cover options

Rodney Findley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any of you guys know of any sources (less expensive) than the Yamaha covers? I know they are nice but $800+ for a full cover seems a bit on the high side to me? I would imagine that you could find a nice one for around $500-$600

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I enquired with my boat dealer, told the salesman I'd found a cover for $700 could he price match or beat it, came back with $650, I nearly ripped his hand off.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you plan on keeping your boat long term I would invest in a custom Sunbrella cover made by your local upholstery shop. Sunbrella will last 10 plus years but will cost more than the average Yamaha cover.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Consider asking your dealer for any leftover shipping covers they may have. They don't last long in the elements but they are a good temporary solution and/ or for protecting the more expensive mooring cover during long term outdoor storage. The last time I checked Yamaha doesn't sell these covers and they go for $200+ on eBay.

I bought a generic cover for my last Yamaha jet boat of course it didn't fit properly so I couldn't tow with it in and getting it tight enough for storage was a pain in the a$$. Keeping it tight during storage was worse (the tie downs would loosen up over time creating low spots that water would pool in). Unless you are willing to deal with such headaches I wouldn't recommend going this route to save a few bucks.

The Budnick's

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I asked my dealer if he had any extra shipping covers and he called me two days later and said "I got two set back for you" I now have three shipping covers and one mooring cover!!! Love my dealer!!!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you plan on keeping your boat long term I would invest in a custom Sunbrella cover made by your local upholstery shop. Sunbrella will last 10 plus years but will cost more than the average Yamaha cover.
I had a custom sunbrella cover made. I used the higher end fabric that comes with a 10 year warranty. The cost was around $1200 but I know I won't be worrying about a cover for as long as I keep the boat. You can tell the cover is much heavier and stronger just by rolling it up and lifting it off the boat. It must weigh 3X as much as the factory cover.