• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Yamaha 212X

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Anyone had a chance to check out the 2015 212X/SS yet? I think Yamaha really stepped up the quality of the upholstery this year, it really looks nice. The Seadek on20140919_134754.jpg the back looks awesome too.

Attachments

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I see they still don't know how to make carpet that fits like it should though, should have just gone full seadeck or atleast make it an option for the cabin area.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I see they still don't know how to make carpet that fits like it should though, should have just gone full seadeck or atleast make it an option for the cabin area.
What do you mean?

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
look how loose the carpet is over the gastank lid area, my 210 was the same way and flapped so bad it ripped some snaps out of the floor. it fits awful on all of the newer 21' models ive seen. they need to make seadeck a factory option over their carpet

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
your one of the lucky ones then, mine fit as bad as the one pictured, the only time mine layed flat was after a downpour we got stuck in one day, not sure if its their hit an miss of installing the snaps or the cut of the carpet

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The one pictured was just un rolled I will take another picture to show you it after.

Mine in my 212 fit awesome!

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think this 2015 looks really sharp inside! Carpet in my 2011 SX210 fits perfectly. One thing I wish they'd do on these boats is put in some coaming pockets in the main cockpit area. Those can be a great area to stuff a hat and shirt when it's your turn to board, a place for cupholders, etc..

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I really like the color scheme...

Sherri Thompson

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What do you mean?
What is you feedback on the Yamaha 212x as a ski boat. We had a jet boat years ago and the noise and the steering made us switch to a Sea Ray for the last 15 years. Now we were at the boat show and really like many things about the Yamaha 21 foot boat. Are they still loud, etc.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I loved my 212X. Jetboats have came a long way in maneuverability, in 2012 Yamaha came out with thrust vectoring on all models, and in 2016 Yamaha has there articulating keel on all 24' and 19' models. I've been a boater my entire life and I never noticed the noise being any louder on my 212X than any boat I've owned or been on. In 2015 Yamaha came out with quite cruise on there 24' models and it made a huge difference. Both the 212X and the 242X are great watersport boats.