• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 215 varying power in engine

Todd W.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Ok folks, new owner of a 2016 Scarab 215 Wake with 22 hours, second owner. I did a sea trial of the boat after having the owner drop it off at the dealer to have a pre-sale inspection done (last Friday). During the sea trial I didn't notice the following condition that happened at a lower RPM, say 2500-4500 and maybe a little higher:

The port motor seems to drag a little, meaning the RPM's are higher on that engine, kinda like it bogs almost! It reminded me of when you get weeds on the prop of an outboard.
It doesn't seem to do it at higher revs, just when you are trolling along. When you hit the throttle to go faster, like getting on plane, it feels like that side is not pushing enough water and has to rev more to get the flow, it goes away once up to speed. I know these engines have synch between them and for the most part they are the same rev #, it just feels "boggy" on that side.

Full disclosure, I didn't have time to crawl under the boat this morning as I dropped it in the water, drove it for the first time and took it home fast because I had to get to work! I will check to see if something is stuck or wrapped up in the inlet/impeller on that side, but this is my first jet so I am clueless on the nuances of these systems vs. an outboard.

Three other things:

I notice water in the bilge/coming out of the drain plug each of the two times I was in it, not sure from where as I was hyper specific about the carbon seal issue being checked on the pre-sale; so much so I gave them my own list to check on top of the one the dealer was using. They stated it was good on both engines.

Also, how the heck do you get the wet storage on the swim deck to drain!!!!!!!!!!!! It is more than annoying, the dealer didn't have an answer the seller said he couldn't ever to get it to drain. I can blow air through it but it will not gravity drain. I have read on the forum a few people dealt with it, my question is how? Do you pry up the drain on the inside of the storage area? Get at it from inside the engine compartment? (You need to be a smurf to get inside that thing btw!)

Any help on the above would be appreciated! So far in the limited time I like the boat, I am just concerned about the power/rpm issue noted above, I don't want to do any damage to expensive stuff.

The engines are under warranty (3 years) until 2020, does anyone know if they are able to extend another 2 years through the B.E.S.T. program?

Thanks again,

Todd