• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 242 Limited S Cruise Control

Mike Lupoi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi everyone,
I just purchased a new 2016 242 Limited S and my dealer tells me that the cruise control uses GPS to lock the speed... is this correct? When I hold the cruise button it registers cruise 1 - 8 but it will not hold a steady speed. Upon asking my dealer he said he doesn't know how it works.
Any help would be appreciated. This is our first jet boat at it seems much more tempermental to hold a steady speed.
Thank you

newbote

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi everyone,
I just purchased a new 2016 242 Limited S and my dealer tells me that the cruise control uses GPS to lock the speed... is this correct? When I hold the cruise button it registers cruise 1 - 8 but it will not hold a steady speed. Upon asking my dealer he said he doesn't know how it works.
Any help would be appreciated. This is our first jet boat at it seems much more tempermental to hold a steady speed.
Thank you
The cruise button only regulates RPM's - not MPH. I use it all the time when pulling a tube or wake boarder, much easier then adjusting both throttles. I don't have trouble with steady speed in a straight line however Jets do bleed more speed during turns. You will get use to adjusting the cruise settings to compensate for this - its really something you will get use to.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you routinely engage in towing sports, get the Ridesteady / Hydrophase for twin Yamaha boats.

Also ideal for cruising and synching the engines at any speed. It's a must have for not E-series boats.

--

Mike Lupoi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The cruise button only regulates RPM's - not MPH. I use it all the time when pulling a tube or wake boarder, much easier then adjusting both throttles. I don't have trouble with steady speed in a straight line however Jets do bleed more speed during turns. You will get use to adjusting the cruise settings to compensate for this - its really something you will get use to.
Thank you, much appreciated

Mike Lupoi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you routinely engage in towing sports, get the Ridesteady / Hydrophase for twin Yamaha boats.

Also ideal for cruising and synching the engines at any speed. It's a must have for not E-series boats.

--
Great, I'll check it out

firecap797

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I use it more for the "No wake mode" while docking. Haven't thought of using it while pulling a tube. I'll have to try that soon.