• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 242 Limited S low RPM and Low Speed

sethk7712345

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am running between 6900 and 7100 RPMs which seems low because I am at 30mph. I noticed that the Throttles are fully open when they are forward 3/4 of the way. The last 1/4 does not increase the RPM. Thoughts?

Yea, something amiss there....I was out today with almost a full tank, 4 adults and 1 kid.....running full throttle and got about 6900-7000 RPM and was just a tad over 45 MPH. I did notice that I didnt get an RPM reduction until I moved the throttles back a bit, but didnt think anything about it. At 6000 RPM today I was getting about 32 MPH.

Back