• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 242 Limited S Mooring Cover ... Question

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
I purchased a one piece OEM mooring cover for my 2016 242 Limited S and it is BEYOND tight. Is there a trick to getting these on and or do they stretch a bit over time? I am hoping so since my boat is on a lift its a bit challenging to get the cover on as it is.

I've been waiting a year + for my upholstery guy to make me a new 2 piece cover (which is a better choice for the lift) so the one piece is what I've got for now.

Thanks - Joe

cover.jpg

I've never had a brand new one, best 1 year old, but they are tight, do get looser over time, and heavily weather dependent with the flexibility (cold bad, warm good). Tips:
  1. Loosen the ratchets on the sides as much as you can, without the strap coming out, if you are having trouble. Once they are in a good place you shouldn't have to loosen and tighten them every time, unless you are towing.
  2. Get the front on right, and reasonably tight, up to the windshield, so as you're not trying to tighten up the bow while getting it over the stern.
  3. At the stern, pick a side to start at, get it over the corner and then pull it down over the back working your way to the other corner.
  4. At the last corner you'll want to either pull it over the back or side first, then pull it to the other. Sometimes I'll flip it over so I roll it over the last side instead of trying to pull it out and over.
I do this while the boat is on the lift, so I'm kneeling down and working my way from the first stern corner to the other side, using my knees to hold it down and try to not fall off into the water. As I get half way I turn around so I'm holding the cover down over the handle by the swim ladder. I then step off after it is over.

HTH

Thanks for the quick response… that’s kind of what I thought I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t me. With the ratchets completely let out it was really tough to get that last corner over. Seems like that’s how it is. Looks great once it’s on.

Thanks for the quick response… that’s kind of what I thought I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t me. With the ratchets completely let out it was really tough to get that last corner over. Seems like that’s how it is. Looks great once it’s on.
I always pull the cover over the rear corners before I clip the final side. i then walk around to make sure everything is in place, final tug on the rear corners to make sure they are good, and then ratchet it all down.

Back