• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2016 Scarab 165 HO - Sea Trial Specifics?

JoeNite

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
all - will sea trial a 2016 165 HO in the next few weeks - interested in specific things to check out/look for please..

thanks in advance

Not familiar with the Scarabs, but I am sure you will like it. My advice would be to test several different boats for comparison. Without a benchmark, it will be hard to compare. Also, make sure there is a good dealer around your parts. From previous posts I can see that since Scarab is fairly new to the jetboat market, their dealers are not up to speed yet on proper service. With that said, the same is true for any other brand. Make sure you can get good service if needed, no matter the brand. Also, there are a few Scarab owners on this site that can help you out if needed.

We absolutely love our 165, had it up to 54mph end of last season. We have 35hours on her and looking forward to getting her wet in a few more weeks. We bought an EZPort floating boat dock for the marina, being delivered next week(will post pics)

Not sea trial specific but I would go for a warranty and fully understand the steps and support that you will get from the dealer. Based on some posts, there is not a lot of expertise out there on these newer boats or at least there are some examples of service places that weren't able to diagnose issues that were cropping up.

That has to be a great boat and enjoy the trial.

thanks for the input - done deal - it was a cold day today out there, but ran great - could only get to ~7K RPM/41-42MPH as it only had 1hr on it so was still limited

now just need to schedule delivery day - once spring decides to return

Back