• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Yamaha 242 Limited S propulsion

Wsimonds22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m having to switch on the auxiliary in order to get the boat to engage in reverse as well as forward. Not all the time, but only after I leave it anchored with the stereo on. I’ve read in other forums that this seems to be a common problem. Does anyone have an idea as to why and a fix? Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Welcome aboard.

I am not overly familiar with the 2016 242 Limited S, but it sounds like you have the electronic throttle. From what I recall reading, the system is rather sensitive to battery voltage/charge.

If this is occurring primarily after “floating”, it sounds to me it could be a weak battery charge. How old is your battery? Have you tested it recently? Prior to anchoring, how long do you typically cruise for (asking to understand if your routine allows for the batteries to be sufficiently charged).

Back