• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 YAMAHA AR240 V 2013 YAMAHA 242 LIMTED S

rushbmc101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So I'm choosing between a Yamaha 2016 AR240 and a 2013 LIMTED 242 S
The 2016 AR is about $3k more and has low hours. The 2013 242 has 340 hours. My family wants to be able to wake board and ski off the boat. Which do you think is the better option for this. Also which will be better for choppy waters? (I know neither are great)

I will second Nuetron and marcham. Newer boat and less hours would be my choice. It seems like there was also some noise reduction from 2013 to 2016.

All else being equal, I‘d pick the AR240 for the same reasons as @Neutron. Interestingly the difference in the MSRP for the two is about $3k.

Back