• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 AR210 ECU Repair

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dealership diagnosed one of my ECUs bad. The ECU is on back order for 4 months. I tried partzilla and a few others with the same result.

I sent the ECU to Caron and they returned saying unrepairable.

while I’m waiting on the new one I find a used one on eBay and order it. Upon arrival I plug it in and the engine doesn’t start. Same are the broken one. When I plug the one in from the second engine it fires right up.

Am I missing something? Does the ECU need to be programmed or do you think I got a bad used one on eBay? Do I need to do something to a new one or a used one from another boat or should it be plug and play?